You know that lady who burst into tears near the seafood counter this afternoon? Yeeeaaah, that would be me. I'm truly sorry if I drove away any customers. It was unintentional. I cannot help it. It's the day before my favorite holiday and less than a week has passed since the third best day ever and I am a complete. emotional. wreck.
Maybe it was because I had just arrived from the Honda dealership where I had been informed that the clutch and coil on our AC needs to be replaced for an eye-popping amount of cash (good thing that third best day ever came with a raise).
Maybe it was because my son kept defiantly reaching into the bins of candy/dried fruit/berry crunch cereal trying to pilfer a handful (Oh, and while we're at it, I may as well confess that last week my son stole a lemonade gumball. Don't worry, he received a stern stealing lecture of which I believe he understood about 7%).
Maybe it was the lady hogging all the space in front of the whole, halved, and chopped pecans for what seemed like ten minutes as she tried to decide exactly what she needed for her sweet potato casserole.
Maybe it was the fact that when I went to twist tie my bulk bag of oats about half a pound came spilling out the other side.
But I really think the kicker was when my son came at me with a 16-in wrapped deli sub in hand, weilding it as if it were an accessory to last month's Halloween costume. Hence, I burst into tears near the seafood counter. What followed was mortification as I witnessed the stares of fear and disgust from fellow shoppers.
Again, I'm sorry. Please let me back in your store. I found soymilk for $1.08/quart today. And those bulk bins. Oooooh, those bulk bins!!! Next time I'll get a babysitter. Promise.
Love and hugs,
Buffy
3 comments:
the grocery store has put me over the edge many times
At least it sounds like you had good reason. Me, it seems like when I burst into tears in public places, it's completely random and without cause.
Tears are better than shouting at your child, "STOP!" GRRROWL followed two seconds later, "DON'T!" GRRRRRRR, and very mean sounding other clipped one-word chastisements. I've decided to never go shopping with three children after Zoƫ gets out of school ever again. Unless they are well stocked up on food in hand to keep them occupied. And, only then if I am purchasing one or two items and can be out of the store before the sugar rush hits, or the food runs out- whichever is first. Oh, and I MUST have a full-night's rest before hand. Otherwise, it's just not a pretty sight.
Believe me, I got some unsympathetic freaked out stares myself this afternoon.
Still, I'm very sorry that this has been such an emotional drain these last few days. Hopefully you'll be able to drown your woes in Turkey Gravy and get a good dose of Children's laughter with a huge side helping of Chaos. Wish I were there to sample the goodies and join in the fray!
Post a Comment