Friday, November 14, 2008

Cutting it close.

You thought I wasn't going to make it, didn't you? You thought that I was going to miss posting today, therefore ruining my streak (am I flattering myself to think that any of you actually care?...Pshaw!).

Well, I made it. Even though right now I'm a little nervous that I still won't make it. You see, I'm actually writing this in a Word document, using what little battery life is left on our laptop. The power is out. Therefore, the internet is out. Southern California Edison scheduled a "routine" power outage today. From 9am to 3pm so they said. This morning I packed Jack up and drove the one hour and five minutes (precise.) that it takes to get to the Fresno zoo. We got home around 2:30. I figured that I could deal with no power for thirty minutes.

Ummm, it's 7:30pm. Still no power.

Thank you, Southern California Edison. Now I know why monopolies are bad. And socialism. And as Allan pointed out, now we know what it's like in Iraq. Or living on the side of Chicago that didn't vote for the candidate who won the local election.

Just trying to see the valuable lesson that I can learn from this experience.

1 comment:

JPI said...

You guys never used to blog, and now you blog all the time. Sounds like you need to go camping more often.