Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I actually got a little teary.

This morning I voted at 7am on the dot. The lines were out the door. Made obvious by the number of cardigans and thermoses full of coffee, I was there with a bunch of school teachers. Some standing behind me were buzzing about how in their twenty-some odd years of voting at this precinct they have never seen a line out the door. My eyes started welling up. No kidding.

I know. I'm the cheesiest, corniest, sappiest person you know. But I can't help it. I just love voting.

Now onto my next task. Deciding what to do for dessert tonight. Because around nine o'clock we're going to need to drown our sorrows in something...

3 comments:

Christina said...

You are so cute. Love you.

Donna said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who teared up when going to vote this morning. We are soul sisters!

Moddybee said...

OBAMA!! I think we both knew this would happen....yes on prop 8 is looking up..I dont wanna jump the gun! Ill see you thurs...oh and I clocked my 3 mile run I am a pathetic 45 min...it had been a while.