NaBloPoMo really should be called National Poo Posting Month**. Because that's what I've been posting, feeling, and thinking.
I'm no quitter. Wait, who am I kidding? (let's see, there was swim team in the fourth grade, french horn in the eighth grade, debate team in tenth grade (the kids were weird), six declared majors in college, yoga in '06...). But this time I'm quitting. I have posted fifteen days in a row. That's good enough for me.
Actually, it wasn't good for me, and that's the point.
I haven't been able to write about the things I really want to write about. Because those things take time, thought, and a lot of editing. Then there's the fact that my child absolutely hates it when I'm on the computer. And since he's not napping anymore, daily blogging has turned into a daily battle (Bad, Buffy! Bad!). And when I'm not frantically writing my daily post, I'm thinking about what I'm going to post and therefore not noticing things like Jack taking an orange highlighter to the recliner and my favorite IKEA pillows.
I'm not answering e-mails (something I'm horrible about anyway). My kitchen floor hasn't been properly cleaned in two weeks. I'm not reading the newspaper. My child desperately needs a hair cut. It's even cutting into my scripture study time. And worst of all, it's taking time away from my son and my husband.
I have been extremely selfish, and it's time to call it quits. I have no regrets for doing so.
I'll see you in a couple of days.
**Many of you know my EXTREME distaste of the word poo. I use this swear word only to convey the intensity of my feelings.
5 comments:
You forgot about vegetarianism in 1996! ;-)
I have been enjoying your post! Oh well...I know you have child in need of attention as do I! See you tues!
You did better than I could have done. I too have enjoyed your posts!
My reading of this post was actually colored by my confusion at your use of the word poo! Ha ha. "Panties" is one that makes me cringe. I tried to eradicate it altogether, but with 2 little girls I don't think I'll be successful. Well, your posting was lovely while it lasted - you should be proud of yourself.
As you know, I can relate to this! Good job on the posts though; they were fun to read. I'm sorry it was such a pain-in-the-neck to do it every day. I definitely couldn't have done it. I would have been lucky to last a week, and my posts probably wouldn't have been as cute as yours were.
Post a Comment