Because we're not celebrating until the weekend, it took me about an hour to remember what today means. Today is Allan's twenty-eighth birthday. Any well-wishes (e.g. Have a ROCKIN' Day, Bailey!!!), memories (e.g. I remember when we used to sneak across 800 North to get candy at the fruit stand), or general observations (e.g. He's really tall.) are welcome. Allan loves good memories. So load him up.
10 comments:
I remember every Easter (well, at least a good portion of them), Allan and I would put our Jelly Beans in the toy dinosaurs he had. They were all hollow so it was like the dinosaurs were cool dispensers for jelly beans. Like Pez dispensers. But no Pez.
The end.
Allan was the first "Brother" I've really had. He was the first to tease me, and I must say I was so shocked by it, and so unaccustomed that I had NO idea how to respond. I've almost learned.
I've loved seeing him go from playing golf in high school and working at the t-shirt shop, to graduating from BYU and marrying an amazing woman, to finishing Law School in Indy. I've had the privilege of reading a few of his college papers and listening to a few of his Law ethics questions (talk about convoluted and complex sentences!) I've also been honored to be able to spend time with his amazing son who emulates him in so many ways. It's good Jack has such a wonderful father in his life- he'll be an amazing man someday.
Happy Birthday, Brother! I love you.
I still think of Allan the way that I did when I saw him for the first time (after you had gushed about him for awhile) "adorable in an understated way." Even better, the two of you are more adorable than you were apart! And I still think that understated humor is classic.
Happy birthday, Allan!!!
I remember when you married my sister. That was AWESOME! :-)
Although recent memories aren't as fun, here are a couple from Jeff: Allan knows his capabilities(downing a one-pound burger from Bub's with ease) and his limits (seeming like he was going to faint at dental school boards). And while she wouldn't remember it now, he had a very special place in Harper's heart for a long time. Happy Birthday, Allan!
I remember the first time I met you at Tony Romas for lunch. I thought "Oh my gosh, Buffy, hang on to this guy. He is so cool." And as the years have gone my, my estimation of his coolness has increased to the 40 below zero mark at least.
GG
I'm pretty sure the 800 North thing was a direct invitation to me and Kurt, but I don't ever see Kurt leaving comments here.
I don't have many memories of Bailey that involve getting into trouble or whatever. Mostly I loved going over to the Bailey's because you could watch TV, movies, and eat candy, and he had all sorts of He-Men. I also am forever indebted to him for letting me help on his paper route for 20 bucks a month. That's a lot of money for a 12-year old. Or whenever that was.
we always loved when Allan would come to stay with us during your job search...I love to listen to Nick and Allan debate and watch in amazement how much this tall thin man could really put it down...(eat)!
Wow! If you cut off the dark hair Jack looks just like him!!
Happy Birthday!!
Post a Comment