Monday, December 1, 2008

Buffy's back.

I am proud to report that I was not institutionalized over the weekend as I had feared would happen. I'm feeling 100% emotionally stable once again. 

Apparently all I needed was four days with my husband. A house full of six high-octane kids under eight years old who entertained themselves marvelously. A sister-in-law with whom I never run out of things to talk about. Major gnoshing on some of my favorite foods (rotkohl, cranberry chutney, mashed potatoes.....mmmmmmmm). A new membership to the gym. A drive in the foothills to look at houses. The spiritual blessings received from giving a sacrament meeting talk, teaching my sunday school class, and substitute teaching in Relief Society all on one Sunday (The Buffy Bailey Triple Play). Cuddling until 8am. And a big long sobfest, complete with painful chest heaving, as to why I still can't get pregnant. Followed, of course, by more cuddling and a conversation with my husband who may be the only person on this planet who can effectively remind me that someone greater than I knows what I'm going through and giving up hope that He will help me is the worst thing I can do.

I love my husband. I love my son. I love all of my family members. I love my friends. I love this Gospel. And I love long weekends--especially Thanksgiving ones.

It's good to be back.

7 comments:

Christina said...

Oh honey. If ever you need a backup for one of those sobfests, I hearby volunteer. Not that I'll be as helpful as Allan (because believe me, I WON'T), but I would sure try. Glad to hear that you are feeling better overall. And hey, if you ever want IVF to be paid for, you know where to come - the People's Republic of Illinois! :)

Donna said...

I'm glad that it was a (mostly) good weekend. I can't believe you gave a talk and taught two different classes on Sunday. That would have given me a major migraine headache.
In the past I've had many of those same sobfests you mentioned. I'm slowly learning that I need to have faith in God's plan for me and try to live happily no matter what the circumstances are. Sometimes it's much easier said than done, but it's getting better!

attack of The Mouse said...

I'm glad you are feeling better and that you back in on your game. All those things are so helpful. Trust me I get what you are going through. It is the pits and it stinks. I too have cried and cried and cried and asked why and then asked why again. Whenever fast sunday came you can take a wild guess as to what I was fasting for. It never changed. Hang in there things will work out for you. We are thinking of you.

buffyvandabailey said...

Thanks, girls. It stinks that so many of us have to go through this, but it's also a blessing to have a strong support system made up of those who are going through the same thing and those who aren't, but still ache for you.

Moddybee said...

WELCOME BACK!!!!! Lets play!

JLB Family said...

Buffy, I am really sorry! I love those talks with my husband.

MB said...

I love you, Buffy. It's these honest blogfessions that help me feel close to you. We all have trials that hurt our hearts but we've got friends and family to lift us up. What a blessing!