Sunday, October 12, 2008

Highly recommended.

After almost six months of gluten-free torture, whoops I mean living, I ventured into the realm of gluten-free baking. You know what gluten does to baked goods? Gives it delicious texture. Try and substitute wheat flour with an "all-purpose" substitute (containing, among many other ingredients, garbanzo bean flour) and you get a tray full of melded, flat oatmeal raisin cookie mess.

Oh, but never one to let any combination of butter, sugar, and even garbanzo bean flour go to waste, I brilliantly did the following.

1. Let cool.
2. Crumble
3. Put in bowl.
4. Pour milk on top.
5. Pretend you're eating granola.***

I'm so happy I messed up.

Drool.......

***Not recommended when you've been sidelined from your regularly scheduled running for a week and a half due to a buttocks injury.

5 comments:

attack of The Mouse said...

There is a great peanut butter cookie recipe that is gluten free on everydayfoodstorage.blogspot.com. I've not personally made them, but my neighbor did - she brought them over to our house for FHE. They were amazing!!! (Her husband can't tolerate glueten.)

Christina said...

WHY are you living gluten free exactly? I mean, pretty much gluten is involved in everything worth eating.

Irish Cream said...

Hmmm, I'll have to see if I can get some recipes from a friend of mine who doesn't eat any gluten.

And, I'm interested in the buttocks injury- how can you throw that out there and not explain that one?

buffyvandabailey said...

attack--oh my gosh,she describes it as the inside of a reese's peanut butter cup. I'm going to kill you.

c.--It may be linked to unexplained infertility.

irish cream--I cramp up on my right side when I run. And now my hip hurts. Pretty sure it's bursitis, which is pretty easy to get rid of if you catch it early (according to all the reading up I've been doing). It actually felt better this morning, but I'm still having to back off on the miles.

Donna said...

I have some friends and family who have to live gluten-free because they have Celiac disease. I feel bad for them, but they seem to find good substitutes. That is so interesting about gluten possibly being linked to unexplained infertility. If that's true, then I may end up having only one child! I have very little willpower when it comes to food. If I still haven't had a baby in a year or so, maybe then I'll have to the gluten-free life a try. Blech!