If Nordstrom catches on, then I could be 6'6. The same height as my very tall husband.

My question is this: Should feminists embrace this new trend? An average female wearing these shoes would be two inches taller than the average male. Surely this is a breakthrough in gender equality!
Until us girls break our necks, that is.
Podiatrists in LA and NYC are already seeing an increase in requests for a surgical procedure that inserts additional cushioning in the back of the foot. Heel implants, essentially.
Methinks this is not something feminists are cheering about.
4 comments:
Hey, some of us (those horizontally challenged) can use some elevation... especially useful during family gatherings where I'm barely taller than the oldest grandchild!
However, my budget might not be able to handle the price tag that'd add a few extra inches in height.
I think there is something a little wrong about a shoe that would add 13% to my overall height. Nevermind that my orthotic inserts, knees and back could never handle it, it's just not right.
I'm not even a feminist and this bothers me. I think because I've been trying to deny my height for years. For some reason, it's hard to find guys taller than me that I'm NOT related to.
I saw that article in The WSJ too. I personally hate this type of shoe. For me, the boost in height wouldn't be worth the ugliness of the shoes. And the whole surgical/health issues things totally grosses me out!
Post a Comment