Friday, October 31, 2008

Brace yourselves.

NaBloPoMo. National Blog Posting Month. I was thinking crazy thoughts while doing my hair this morning (incidentally, where most of my crazy thoughts occur--not in my hair, but in my head while I'm doing my hair), and this may be like totally 2007, but I am going to post every single day this month.

(Deep breath)

This will be good for me, right? Kind of like those fifteen minute creative writing exercises I'd do with my mom when I was a little girl. Not that those ever made me anything resembling a creative writer, but it was character building.

To make this easier on myself, I'm coming up with a theme. Gratitude. Staggeringly original, I know. I may be veering dangerously close into seriously so blessed territory, but it helps fulfill two goals. First of all, to become a better, faster blogger. Second, to have a more prayerful heart. I truly believe that there is transformative power that comes from dwelling upon the blessings in our lives. I'm needing all the transformative power I can get these days.

As a warm-up for tomorrow, I am grateful for this delightful debate going on at Mellificent Tales. One of Allan's BFFs has granted us all a brief respite from the endless stream of political posts in these final days before November 4th. As he writes, "Everybody's up in arms supporting their candidate and tip-toeing around the real issue that affects our everyday lives: Which fruit is the best?"

Truly a debate worth having.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think blogging every day is a great idea. And your theme is a good one. Go for it.