Like his mama, when Jack is bored he inevitably starts thinking of food. It's a curse, really.
Big parenthetical side note: I remember hearing a friend talk about how she saw an episode of Dr. Phil with a 400+ pound man who talked about how as soon as he was done eating one meal, he was already thinking about what he was going to eat next. She thought that was so strange and so sad. I was like, "Ummm, yeah. That is really sad," all while thinking, Oh, I'm so excited to make that peanut pork stir fry tonight. Oh, and I have a new issue of Cooking Light that came in the mail. It will be so fun to curl up and read all about food right after I finish the dishes. Then maybe I'll have some kettle corn. Ooooh, yeah. I'll definitely be craving that.
Obviously the above paragraph deserves its own post. Or therapy.
When mom is boring, and can't think of any more fun things to do (which is, like, every single day), Jack gets "hungry" every twenty minutes. He usually starts big with a request for chocolate cake. Then he'll follow with yogurt, dad's cereal, nuts, raisins, bread, apples, etc. To beat him at his own game, I sometimes suggest that he have some celery or spinach.
The other night Allan was playing along. Allan's threw in cauliflower as a possibility. You'd think he had offered to let Jack have brownie mosaic cheesecake (no, really). Jack enthusiastically polished off a hearty serving of cauliflower at 9:30 pm. Then he asked for more.
The following morning while I was making my oatmeal, he told me he wanted some. I gave him a heaping bowl of raw, dry oats. He ate it with a spoon, and then asked for more. He's been requesting it about five times a day ever since. We've actually had to hide the canister.
Video evidence:
Allan is nicer than I am. He treats Jack less like a horse and more like a human by putting milk on it.
7 comments:
Have I ever told you that I made that Brownie Mosaic Cheesecake and it was the best thing that ever happened to me?! It was two years ago and Ben's family still talks about it.
Ha ha! When did you teach him French? He's saying oui now instead of yes? :) What does he say at the very end?
At least he's not asking for football candies or candy fish!
C.--Yes, you're the one who inspired me to check out the recipe. I'm trying to figure out a way to do it gluten-free.
Becky--He's saying "Pleeeease?" not oui. He does know German for "no." Because Allan says it all the time.
And I have no idea what he's mumbling at the end.
Ha ha ha ha ha!
Ah, dry oats. The slow burning fuel.
That's amazing! You're so lucky that he's eager to eat good stuff like that. My son certainly isn't!
Okay, DRY OATS? and he wants it 8 times a day. I need your recipe. What kid loves dry oats? You must be doing something right.
What a cutie bug. I can't beleive how big he is. Remember when I last saw him he was nearly a newborn. :)
Serioulsy, I need the recipe.
Post a Comment