Friday, February 20, 2009

Lighter moments that make life worth blogging about.

1. I have a secret admirer. Well, not so secret. He works at the mall's food court. While asking my friend about me, he said my name, Buffy, sounded Italian.

2. During last week's trip to Costco, we were standing in line for samples (imagine that). There were approximately six people crowded around the Stagg Chili lady, including me and my offspring. Jack took the opportunity to point to my chest and ask very loudly, "Mom, is that your PRIVATE PART?"

3. As they were walking home from church last Sunday Allan and Jack heard an ice cream truck approaching to the tune of "Do Your Ears Hang Low?" Then the truck abruptly switched to "O, Little Town of Bethlehem."

4. I have never before been so moved by a deaf, dumb, and blind kid as I was while listening to Allan's fine American Idol performance of "Pinball Wizard."


5. Yesterday Jack and I were enjoyed 45 MINUTE lunch at McDonald's. It was forty-five minutes because Jack eats at the rate of one french fry every four minutes. In between bites he asks questions like, "Can I have a snack after this?" Or, "What are we having for dinner tonight?" But the highlight had to be when two total thugs walked into the door. Jack stands up in the booth, turns around and gleefully asks, "Hey, guys!!! Whatcha doin?!?" I proceed to stare hard at my salad and pray that our faces won't show up on the 5 o'clock news.


5 comments:

Tyson & Tera Smith said...

Ha! I laughed out loud about the ice cream truck...definatly worth blogging about. By the way, you look so cute with your long hair. I'm jealous:)

Anonymous said...

Were the thugs robbing the place?

Christina said...

Okay, so #2 is classic. I could tell you my equivalent of what I said to one of my mom's friends once, but I'll spare the readers of your blog. It was worse, trust me.

LMJ said...

Love the one about the private parts. And love how friendly Jack is. I miss having him as a playmate for HEJ. The pinball wizard picture does not even look like you!

Amy & Greg said...

Greg and I are giggling out loud. Can we come visit you so we can laugh together?!