Allan: Did you see the video on my dear red-headed sister's blog of my dear red-headed niece cooing?
Buffy: No. I haven't even looked at google reader in about three days. I've been way too busy.......And can I tell you just how FANTASTIC that is?
Allan smiles.
Buffy: I don't have time to check my e-mail at regular frequency, and I'm totally behind on blogging and blog stalking. I'm not BORED anymore!
Productive, busy Buffy makes for a happy Buffy. My motto since high school has been "better to be busy than bored." For MONTHS I have been bored out of my skull. It is difficult to find hobbies as a stay-at-home mom when your primary source of energy comes from being around other people. I have literally prayed for things to fill my days.
Then I received a new calling. Primary presidency (thus begins my tenure in the Primary-I'm anticipating at least twenty years). The first meeting with the old presidency--the official transition of power as Allan teased--lasted four hours. And we weren't chatting for any of it. As my list of tasks and responsibilities grew longer and longer my heart grew fuller and fuller. I'm on the phone all day now. I have meetings to go to, Sharing Times to organize, activities to plan, and seventy-five children to pray for. Intimidating, yes. But also tremendously exciting (The fact we have SEVENTEEN EIGHT-YEAR OLD BOYS, however, is not exciting).
I was also asked to join a women's singing group. Sixteen of us singing show tunes at hospitals, nursing homes, and in front of very. important. people. (Translation: Rotarians). Show tunes and matching pastel tops are totally not my style, but I have to say I'm loving it.
Oh, and the sun is out. The sky is blue. And I have a view of big, snow flecked mountains out my front window. Apparently February is my new favorite month.
4 comments:
While all of this joy makes me very, very happy, I do think you're crazy if February is your new favorite month. Crazy I say.
I'm glad life is going well for you. I agree, the busy life tends to be the good life, as long as the things keeping you busy are the things that you enjoy!
YAY!
It's about time you felt energized by your daily life.
Are you still practicing the piano? Do you play for your singing group? That sounds like an awesome opportunity.
As for primary- yes I imagine you will be involved in primary for the next 40 years. What specific calling do you have? What were you delegated?
I find it funny that our posts always seem to be polar opposites- I HATE February. You LOVE it? Hmmmm. I think I'm living in the wrong climate/time zone.
Congrats on being busy. It ROCKS!
THanks for letting my blog make your blog in the midst of your busy-ness! So excited about your new calling and adventures. I am sorry that I haven't been on your blog much. I think things are finally settling down. Buffy, you truly crack me up!
Post a Comment