Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A man's man.

Unlike many people, we don't watch the Superbowl for the commercials. Honestly, I tend to tune them out. Take this Sunday, for instance. During a commercial break in the fourth quarter, Jack and I are on the floor playing with his Playmobil Roman arena set (we opted for the Roman arena over the pirate ship because we want to give him a sense of history early on in life...).  I see out of the corner of my eyes that Jack's attention is shifting to the television, and his eyes have grown very wide. There are loud explosions, car crashes, and giant robots. Instinct tells me to find the remote and turn it off--because things like this scare toddlers, right? Wrong. A big smile crosses his face and he points to the screen and says, "Wow! Look at that cool thing!" 

Disturbing.

But not as disturbing as that time he took a cue from Sleeping Beauty and declared himself the mistress of all evil. THAT was disturbing.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Buffy, I'm so glad that you blog! I can totally picture Jack saying that and it makes me feel like you guys are still here (a little). What a cutie!

Christina said...

The mistress of all evil?!?! BWA HA HA HA!!! Besides the fact that Sleeping Beauty is one of my favorite Disney movies of all time, that might have to now be my favorite children's quote of all time. I think I just watched it for the dress changing colors, though.

Jenny said...

Jack is hilarious! He is totally a boy!

Irish Cream said...

I'm glad to know Jack is in touch with both is feminine (Mistress of all Evil) and masculine side (Things exploding = cool).

claudia said...

And you think he's not paying attention....???

Anonymous said...

TRANSFORMERS!!!

You opted for the Roman arena over the pirate ship? Pirates are part of history...ONGOING history...

At least it's Playmobil. I'll concede that one.