This afternoon while reading to Jack I caught a glimpse of the monitor. My heart rate was 38 beats per minute. It hung out there for a long time. Checking just to make sure, I took my pulse manually. Sure enough, I have broken into the 30's.
Last year's low was around 42. So, here's a fun math problem for you. If I continue to lose four beats per minute per year, how long until my heart stops beating altogether?
6 comments:
I don't want to figure that out both because it's math and because I don't want to think about that possibility.
I want to know what your heart rate is when Jack uses crayons on the wall. :)
This post is hilarious! I think it's fun to wear my heart rate monitor too. I used to think I was super weird, but now I'm feeling much better about myself. Thanks for that. :) So I'm pretty sure the slow heart rate is genetic. Danny's is super low too, not in the thirties, but slower than average. I'm sure I could trick him into wearing his monitor for a day. Ooooh that does sound fun. We could compare our averages all day long.
I don't think that is healthy.
9.5 years. What do I win?
This is nothing compared to the Hansen household. We live for stats. We just bought a new thermostat with a button that tells the humidity, so I like to check it all the time. I check it after a particularly hot shower, I check it on a rainy/snowy day, I check it in the middle of the night to see how dry/humid it gets. The record high is 46%, FYI. If I had a heart rate monitor, I would do exactly what you do.
Post a Comment