Truth is, I'm busy. Wait, I already made that excuse. Here's a better one: My time spent on the computer is inversely proportional to my level of happiness.
Did you catch that? In other words you should be grateful I'm not blogging, because that means I'm out of my winter slump (see November through the first half of February). Another reason is that I could never shake the feelings of guilt whenever I spent time updating the blog. It meant that Jack was either watching a movie or asleep in bed while my better half was patiently waiting for me to engage him in meaningful conversation (which I'm quite good at--when I'm not blogging).
Really, when it comes down to it, blogging is a selfish pursuit. At least my blog has been a selfish pursuit. I fear that it turned into exactly what I didn't want it to turn in to--something that consumed too much time, too many of my thoughts, and didn't contain much more than selfish ramblings.
I'm not shutting down the blog. But I am choosing to refocus. I want this to be more focused on my family. They are truly the best part of my life. Since the best part of my life is likely boring to you, I don't expect many of you to stick around.
And now I need to pay attention to my son. He is crying because he's tangled up in his underpants. No idea how he managed that one.
6 comments:
Hooray for you taking control like that! And at least you have the decency to tell people. I just stop posting.
Ha Ha Ha! I'm still laughing picturing Jack all tangled up. Oh how I miss that kid! (And you and Allan of course.) I love that your conversations with him have taught him how to speak in full sentences. I loved his voicemail the other day.
Keep posting his funny antics. It makes me miss you all less and gives me my laugh for the day.
Does this mean we get to see more pictures of your awesome family?
Just so long as you don't give up on at least some narrative. I so enjoy reading what you have to say!
I'm VERY glad that you're busy and loving every minute of it. I can hardly wait to see you and yours this summer!!!
Well, if you ever need a distraction, having a son tangled in underpants is the way to go! :)
At least Jack is in underpants! Yay for that!
You're on my top ten list of people I wish lived near me! I feel dumber every day and it would be so fun to have some as smart as you hanging around. Not to mention we always had fun hanging out with you and Allan! Quinn is standing next to me while I was reading your blog and she looked at your picture and said, "Mom, what's on her face?" I didn't bother to try and explain digital editing techniques!
Post a Comment