Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dinosaur trees.

About a month ago we got a notice from the electric company letting us know that they were shutting off our power the next day--all day--for some routine maintenance.

No A.C. in the middle of August.

Admittedly, I am a bit of a martyr when it comes to running my air conditioning. Every time it kicks on "ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching" runs through my head as I envision hundred dollar bills being siphoned out of my bank account. So sometimes I suffer a bit.

But this was a bit much. I didn't want to use Wal-Mart's air conditioning all day. And the public pool seemed a bit too, umm, public for my comfort.

So we headed into the mountains to visit all of those big trees we kept hearing about. Allan's boss pointed out that "no two-year-old kid wants to look at big trees all day."

Wanna bet? What if you call them dinosaur trees? Ha!




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so excited to be standing next to a Dinosaur tree.

Christina said...

I feel your pain on the martyrdom. Our thermostat is set to 62 in the winter and 82 in the summer. Ben hates it, but when I talk to our neighbors and hear that our bill is $200 less per month than theirs, I feel totally justified.

Becky said...

Love the pictures! Jack looks SOOOO happy! Did he give you his excited face? :)

The Terrell Family said...

I miss Jack. You too, but he's getting so big!! Even next to the trees. Any plans to come visit WV? We have a mono-rail =)!

LMJ said...

Ha! I love the trickery. I envy your trip into the CA forests, but not your loss of A/C. I hope you survived. I can see in my mind the awed expression on Jack's face when he saw the dinosaur trees, huge eyes and all. BTW, I have been meaning to tell you that HEJ's new favorite song is "I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of LDS," a.k.a ("Jack," "Jack's song," or "Jack's favorite song"). Thanks for adding to our repetoire!

Amy & Greg said...

Oh, I LOVE that!! You guys are such good parents! Can I be like you when I grow up?

JLB Family said...

It is funny, but I am the same way about our air conditioning. Looks fun!!

MB said...

Buffy, your innovation as a mother never ceases to amaze me.