During the three years of law school, Allan mentioned on a few occasions how much easier it would have been for him if I had a reason to be at the library with him until midnight every night. For obvious reasons--the initials being JAB--that was not possible. But guess what? Allan is studying for the biggest test of his entire life thus far. And we have live-in babysitters. I have a lot of actual real work to do that requires quietude and an internet connection.
Let the courting commence.
After putting our Beloved Offspring to bed this evening, I drove three miles down the mountain, met Allan for a sack dinner, and then walked to the library--laptop and my mom's latest manuscript in tow.
There was no need for discussion--Allan and I walked straight up to our old spot on the fifth floor--and even ran into an old college friend on the way. It looks exactly the same. I wasn't prepared for the magnitude of nostalgia that I felt. The nostalgia actually caught my throat.
It's just like five years ago. Except my stress level has significantly decreased. And Allan's has significantly increased.
Oh, and Allan doesn't have to borrow his parents' Suburban anymore.
10 comments:
Oh, I remember those days well. You two were darling in the library with each other. Which I believe is where I pronounced Allan "adorable, in an understated sort of way." Ha!
This is such a cute entry! Ahhhh.
And then there's the opposite....I only went to the library when I had to do research. I think in my whole college career I went to the library 20 times. It's nice to know that you can find 'romance' there.
BTW, I love the little Jack quotes you've included! He is such a crack up! I love having you guys here.
I've got Becky beat. I wrote, maybe, 3 papers I researched at the HBLL. Woo!
Glad someone likes it though.
Are you back in p-town? Welcome back! We need to hang. Arden is dying to catch up with Jack too. See you soon!
I could never convince Drew to study at the HBLL with me. It probably would have motivated me to study more!
Oh. Awww. That's cute.
C.--I REMEMBER THAT! You have that uncanny ability to pick up on when couples are totally going to work out. Like remember the date that I had the weekend before I went out with Allan? You met the guy and told me the next day, after I declared the date "meh," that you knew I'd feel that way.
Baileys--Is Allan the only Bailey who studied at the library? Wait. Amy did. In fact when I met her I recognized her from the library.
Alicia--you obviously needed to work on LURING Drew to the library. Bwahaha.
Moosh--It didn't involve me working at Frederick's of Hollywood though.
Oh, Buffy! I love this post. It is so fun! Even though Greg and I never dated while both of us were attending BYU, we still get very nostalgic just walking on campus. And, yes, every time we are in town we have to find a reason to get down there and walk around.
Oh, yes...Buffy, thank you for remembering that I spent many an hour and day in the HBLL. I even spent many a late night in the Law Library because they are open 24 hours during finals week. Thank you for realizing that I did go to the library. I even had a locker there. Unfortunately, no romance for me in the library...I tried, but to no avail. I usually fell asleep so I didn't have a chance with anyone as I was drooling in my books. Okay, I did study in the library--not just sleep.
Post a Comment