Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Lazy day.


Despite eating enough fruits and vegetables to prevent any kind of cancer, exercising regularly, and washing my hands after going to the bathroom, I have a stomach bug for the third time since December. 

All you need to know is this: the number I saw on my scale this morning hasn't registered since early 2005.

Too bad I thought I was going to die last night.

So, today is a day of abnormal behavior.

"Mom, can I watch Spongebob and feel my brain turn to mush?"
"Sure."

"Mom, can I play pbskids.org for two hours straight?"
"Sure!!"

"Mom, can you close my window so that I can take a nap? For the second day in a row?"
"DOUBLE SURE!!!"

UPDATE: As you probably gathered from Jack's request to take a nap for the second day in a row (the boy hasn't napped for almost a year), he too is sick. With a fever. And achy hips.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Sorry to hear that you are sick. Being sick and having to still be a Mom is no fun! Hope you feel better soon.

Morgan said...

Sorry you're sick again... Jack looks a lot like Allan in that picture, BTW.

Christina said...

Okay, so the first thing I thought when I read about your illness is that line from The Devil Wears Prada: "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight." I about died laughing. But I am really sorry you're sick, too.

Irish Cream said...

No fun!

I'm sorry you're feeling HORRIBLE. It isn't a fun way to lose weight, but, hey, at least it's a silver lining!

I'm sorry Jack is sick, too. I hope his hips feel better. Hopefully it's just a virus (which are still no fun, but not as scary).

Hope you're getting lots of naps and lots of Vit C and juice (if you can handle it!)

Sarah Bailey said...

Are you worried that you might have the s_in_ f_u? So sorry you are not feeling good, but, hey, the benefits sound great ;)

The Terrell Family said...

Feel better!

Donna said...

I hope that you and Jack are both feeling a lot better by now!