We're here. We're safe. We're loving our garage (Have I mentioned the garage? Can't get enough of the garage.).

We're very, very tired.
Two weeks without the internet. I can't emphasize that enough. So what do we do with all those hours given to us?
1. A lot of music. For any of you Gen X'ers wanting to part ways with your hippie past, Jack loves Rusted Root. He'd love all your old albums.
2. A lot of fretting over what lawnmower we should purchase. Fretting because without the internet, we feel like we can't make an informed decision. Unfortunately the guy whose job it is to know the ins and outs of all available lawnmowers is never able to help us.
3. A lot of Olympic watching. Which would have happened with or without the internet. I hate the Olympics because I CAN'T STOP WATCHING (By the way, who else is with us in thinking that AT&T miscast the frustrated Phelps Phan? Lame.).
4. A lot of unpacking. Now that we have the internet, I'm finished--even though we still have an entire room filled with boxes. I'm so sick of unpacking boxes that I'd rather pluck every one of Allan's swarthy eyebrow hairs. Individually. With dull tweezers.
5. A lot of looking at each other and saying, "So, what's the game plan?" Followed by bored silence.
We are absolutely pathetic.
1. A lot of music. For any of you Gen X'ers wanting to part ways with your hippie past, Jack loves Rusted Root. He'd love all your old albums.
2. A lot of fretting over what lawnmower we should purchase. Fretting because without the internet, we feel like we can't make an informed decision. Unfortunately the guy whose job it is to know the ins and outs of all available lawnmowers is never able to help us.
3. A lot of Olympic watching. Which would have happened with or without the internet. I hate the Olympics because I CAN'T STOP WATCHING (By the way, who else is with us in thinking that AT&T miscast the frustrated Phelps Phan? Lame.).
4. A lot of unpacking. Now that we have the internet, I'm finished--even though we still have an entire room filled with boxes. I'm so sick of unpacking boxes that I'd rather pluck every one of Allan's swarthy eyebrow hairs. Individually. With dull tweezers.
5. A lot of looking at each other and saying, "So, what's the game plan?" Followed by bored silence.
We are absolutely pathetic.
8 comments:
Glad to know that your move went well and that you're getting settled into your new garage. Still jealous about that =).
Isn't it Allan's "Would you rather" choice to be the one whose eyebrows are plucked with dull tweezers? Does that make sense?
I feel you on the boxes everywhere problem. Last year's move took way too long with the boxes, so this year I refused to do that again and got all boxes emptied and in the basement ASAP. Life is so much better without boxes everywhere.
I have a bad back and bad eyes. It would be a tortuous task. But you're right. It would be more painful for him (Look at me, always thinking about my own suffering). He'd be very red and puffy. Not to mention that he would also look absolutely hilarious without eyebrows.
You might be pathetic, but you have a garage. Not to mention you live in a warm place, and oh yeah, don't forget how wild and crazy we are so who am I to say you are pathetic. I'm glad your in your new place, oh and did I mention how jealous I am of your garage - because I am. Enjoy.
I cannot even begin to describe the jealousy I feel over the garage, and how I feel that anyone who has not survived a Midwest winter doesn't really understand how I'd give my right arm to have one.
Car holds are nice. I like mine. And I am also sick of looking at boxes and at my own eyebrows that need plucking.
And yes, the Phelps Phan was miscast...I mean, she basically makes the commercial very confusing.
Come jump on the tramp!
love the "very, very tired look"--I miss him and you.
Post a Comment