"Do we really have five kids? When did that happen?" (future subheading set to appear June/July 2016)
If an immediate family member reading this blog did not receive this news, I blame Allan. (You told all of your siblings, right?)
I remember when Allan's brother, Brett, and his wife were expecting their fifth child, they thought it made more sense to just not tell people outside the family. Just show up to the next work Christmas party with five kids and see if anyone notices--all the better if none of your coworkers do notice. That's kind of been my attitude about this pregnancy. We definitely want this baby--but let's be honest, we have made many pregnancy announcements by this point, and we've run out of ways to say "I'm pregnant!"
My OB's words as he walked in the room for my very first appointment: "Hey, why not have another?"
We found out right before Halloween, and it started feeling very real a few days after (i.e. I started wanting to die). It's been a very intense 14 weeks. However, the extreme nausea has passed by now, and I feel a bit more energy this week. This is the earliest I've ever felt better.
I like you already, Baby.
We told the boys on Christmas Eve. They opened a box with the ultrasound pic. Jack's reaction was "I knew it!!!" (And he did--I had been flat out lying to him for the past month and a half. He didn't buy my "I still have the stomach flu" line.) Micah was giddy. Nathan lifted up my shirt and asked where the baby was. A few days later he pointed to my chest and shouted "The baby is going to have TWO sippy cups?!?!"
Ah, the miracle of life.

3 comments:
Congratulations! I actually found out from Jessi and Morgan so...yeah. Didn't get to me through regular channels but glad it got to me anyway. Hope you feel better soon.
Welcome to the club!! Are you five by surprise, or are you just really crazy ;)I can't believe you got Christmas cards out. I'm not pregnant and I still haven't sent them all out...oh, wait that's because I already have the five kids! Congratulations!!
Yeah! The world can always use more Buffy and Allen's!!! Congratulations and Yikes about the morning sickness. Good luck and so excited for you.
Post a Comment