Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Spring Breakers in Utah County Part 2.


Beautiful Astrid on Easter Sunday

Watching Micah adore Astrid makes me feel warm inside. He does it often. I was so glad to capture it.

I love how he has his hand holding onto her dress. I think he will be assigned to screen her future dates.

The typical Micah pout.



Handsome Jack. Why must you grow up? It's getting harder and harder to fix your hair in the mornings because you're approaching my same height. I'd let you do your own hair, except then we'd wind up with this:
Calvin's haircut
    
Bowling at BYU is quickly becoming one of our favorite vacation activities. I lost to every single one of my children.


Even Nathan

We went to the new Thanksgiving Point children's museum. It was fun, but crowded. We had one adult for every child, and I'm still amazed we came home with all four children. 

Allan joked that this trip was the most time he'd spent with Astrid since her arrival on earth. She's a fan.



Nathan is our first child to thoroughly enjoy drawing and coloring. I love that he is so serious and holding such a tiny pencil.
Aunt Molly and newly presented Uncle James invited us to their new place for an amazing dinner. Deep dish Chicago-style pizza and Nutella Banana Cake. It was more than amazing, actually. The boys felt quite at home among all the toys.


Astrid received her first BYU apparel. It's already too small.

Here was the highlight of the trip. Jack and Allan attended the Saturday afternoon session of General Conference with my dad. I dropped out last minute due to nursing mother anxieties. Jack still talks about Elder Bednar's memorable tale of an early life of crime. See here.
We really did enjoy our trip, though we weren't able to cram in everything or everyone we would have hoped. Unphotographed, but still in our memories, are eating at The Mandarin, evenings with Aunt Becky, Five Guys Burgers and Fries ("and Peanuts", as Micah is always quick to add), Allan's and my failed date (Astrid!!!), my ultimately disappointing shopping trips, playing with Cousin Henry, and my new super blonde bob. Oh, and Dungeons and Dragons with Uncle Greg (wherein he earned "Coolest Uncle" status).

See you July!!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

2 Things. That picture of Nate as Captain America is ah.ma.zing. And I want to see the blonde bob!