Friday, May 27, 2011

J-Bai.

J-Bai. That's Jack's baseball name. I just came up with it. I was calling him "Bailey," but he hated it, because "it's a girl name, Mom." How silly of me.

(note the wrong kid is standing on base...)

Calling last year's t-ball season a success would have been a stretch. Last year other parents would scream from the sidelines, "Jack, stop talking!!!!" because he was such a distraction the other kids (I'm sure he was putting a real damper on their future star power). Socially, it was a success, and as far as J-Bai is concerned that was all that mattered. He now had Jaden, Aiden, and Caden among his friends (you think I'm joking...).

This year t-ball turned to into coach pitch and something clicked. He started to care a little bit more. But still not enough to keep him from doing a pirouette every time he swung the bat.

This video is from the final inning of the final game. In the first inning he hit the ball but didn't notice mid-pirouette. It took all three coaches, the sidelines, and his teammates yelling at him to get him to run to first. In the second inning he turned serious, and decided that he was no ballet dancer.


3 comments:

David Vandagriff said...

Yay for J-Bai!

claudia said...

So glad you are back at the blog...fun movie! Yeah, Jack!!

Anonymous said...

Er...I'm confused that he was pitched to at T-Ball...

I love his distraction technique. He is a clever mastermind.