Monday, February 8, 2010

The morning after.

Yes, I was upset last night. Yes, I kind of sort of felt really disappointed in Peyton Manning's performance. Yes, I may have engaged in some emotional eating after the game.

But this morning I woke up, cheered by the memory that I'm less than a week away from this:

Two weeks of Winter Olympic OBSESSION. You can count on the Baileys to be parked in front of the television for those two weeks. And now we have HD! And a DVR!

Only five days, folks. Granted, it's five days until the opening ceremonies. I usually tune in for about fifteen minutes and then realize how boring it is to sit through all the dancing, banner-waving, parading, mandatory references to the Jamaican bobsled team, etc. Maybe I'll keep watching this year if the opening ceremonies involve Canadian rock gods Rush. Or Canadian sitcom god Alan Thicke. Just maybe...


7 comments:

Christina said...

Have I mentioned how much I loved your family's sports obsessions? It makes me feel so much better about ours... and since we have pirated cable, we get to watch, too! :)

Sarah Bailey said...

Way to bounce back!

Amy & Greg said...

I know...I am so excited for the Winter Games....and so sad I don't have a TV. Bummer! What am I going to do? It's just not the same on the internet. Oh, well. I was a little demistified today when NPR did a clip today saying that some BCers were actually protesting the games--even the arrival of the torch! Come one, people! Where is your spirit?

Irish Cream said...

I was most disgusted with Manning's performance. Bummed that Freeny was taken out in the first quarter.

Travis said he was laughing at something a sports commentator said, "Since he was a kid, Manning has dreamed of throwing the winning pass for the New Orlean's Saints in the Super Bowl."

I wish I could get into they Olympics. Maybe if I were sitting next to you on the couch under blankets drinking Blueberry tea and eating popcorn I could enjoy the games more. But, I get so tired of all the sappy stories behind the scenes. I don't really care about the human interest, but more about the GAME.

kurt said...

Peyton actually had a decent game. Obviously, the huge flaw that clinched it was terrible, but otherwise he played pretty solid. The Colt's D on the other hand...

The Terrell Family said...

I just checked in on your blog and I've missed a ton!! Sounds like you're having the BEST time being pregnant =).
Loved all of the Jack related stories.

Donna said...

I like the Olympics too. Figure- skating is my personal favorite. Did you see on the Opening Ceremonies when that post didn't come up for the flame-lighting? Oops!