Tuesday, December 1, 2009

That's not a stuffed turkey under my shirt.

As soon as I announced our big news(!), anyone who knew me during my first pregnancy probably internally predicted that this blog would fall by the wayside until....oh, March-ish. Well, you are correct. The excuses are as expected--the only thoughts forming in my mind for the past seven weeks have been accompanied by moaning, groaning, and an overall theme of pain and suffering.

I'm trying to have a better attitude. Really.

Last week I was in Utah (See? I have other excuses). Between two twelve hour drives, an all-day wedding extravaganza, lunch at Cafe Rio, Mom's pot roast, my Mother-in-law's beef stew, and prepping for Thanksgiving, I consumed quite a bit. On Thanksgiving morning, before the real feasting began, I stepped on the scale. The needle had gone up five pounds in four days. Knowing that gaining five pounds of fat in four days is nearly physically impossible, I looked in the mirror. And there it was. A belly. The size of which I wasn't expecting for eight more weeks.

Ladies and gentlemen, my body at 11.5 weeks. Something is in there. And it's growin' somethin' fierce.

I have a post forming in my mind. Answers to all your frequently asked questions. Okay, so most haven't asked any questions--let alone frequently. I flatter myself, I guess.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I think you look great! Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Becca said...

I heard your news from Erica Wall and figured I had better come and congratulate you...did you hear she is our new neighbor?! Small world.

Christina said...

I love that belly! And hey, I guess you won't have to worry about just looking chubby for the next eight months, eh? There's nothing like popping out from the beginning to remove that ambiguity from your life.

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

You looked great when I saw you (this is that girl at your MIL's church!) and I TOTALLY understood the crying in Relief Society, because I was struggling not to myself (I am also pregnant if you couldn't tell.) I am excited for you guys.

Ashley and Cody said...

Yahoo!! I'M SOO excited it happened for you. Was it the Metformin? I'm so glad you were able to finally get pregnant. It looks like we'll be expecting the exact same time b/c i am too!! That is crazy we are expecting at the exact same time. I'm so happy for you and excited to see how things go.

Adri said...

You look cute. I love your hair. I wish I was patient enough to grow mine out.

LMJ said...

you look fantastic. it is only fair that you actually look pregnant with one of your children :) and I second Adri's thoughts: I noticed your lovely hair before your belly in that picture.

The Terrell Family said...

Congratulations!!!! A phone call will definitely be following this sometime soon. You look great!!!