Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Iowa throws a wedding.

I have a cousin named Laura. The best word to describe her would be fabulous. There is nothing low-key about her. Never has been--even when we were six years old.

Even though she grew up in a small Iowa town and remained in state for college, it was really no big surprise to anyone when she moved to NYC upon graduation to pursue a career as a fashion designer. She's done very well for herself--working for Tommy Hilfiger and J. Lo among others.

Laura got married a few weeks ago. Jack and I headed back to Iowa for the wedding.

Remember, she's fabulous. So nothing less than fabulous would do.




Pictures cannot do this wedding justice. Everything--absolutely everything--was perfect. Nothing chintzy, nothing out of place. As someone who can appreciate a good party, but possesses absolutely no party-throwing skills, I counted myself lucky to participate in such fabulosity.

The other days of our trip were slightly less over-the-top. For instance...

(that goat possesses an alarming amount of personality, no?)


I have spent twenty-one of my twenty-eight years in the Midwest. No wonder it feels like home.

7 comments:

Christina said...

Oh my heavens, that looks beautiful. Stunning, in fact.

Adri said...

That does look fabulous. I need to start blogging again. You may have inspired me.

Irish Cream said...

VERY classy. I love what you took pictures of. I love how the Goat follows all that fancy schmancy wedding stuff.

What did Jack think of the wedding? Of all the "new" family?
Are you glad to be home?

If you miss the Midwest too much, feel free to drop in ANYTIME! There's always room for you, and our door is WIDE OPEN (except maybe in the winter when we try it keep the temp inside the house at least 20 degrees warmer than outside- but it'll still be unlocked for you!)

buffyvandabailey said...

Nadine--Jack was actually with a babysitter during the wedding--having a ball playing the Wii and eating pepperoni pizza. And he loved my cousins...because my cousins love Star Wars (a perfect match!).

S. Gibson said...

Wow, that looks beyond amazing. I love what you wrote about enjoying a good party, but not throwing one, that totally describes me too!

jet said...

What a beautiful wedding! Good taste must run in the family. :)

Amy & Greg said...

I love fabulous weddings. Greg and I attended one at the Grand America (the reception anyway). It was amazing!! Glad you got to enjoy the fun!