Sunday, April 19, 2009

The annoying summary of last month where I tell you how busy I've been.

No, really. I have been busy. And to directly quote my friend Nicole, "the days of my life are too full of fun, laughing, adoring, cooking, keeping house, laughing, adoring, damage control, talking, hugging, enjoying, and laughing some more. If I was worried about capturing the amazing moments of everyday life every day, I would miss out on actually living them."

Jack is more enjoyable than ever. I'm pretty sure that every time I obey his command to "come cuddle in the brown chair" I benefit both body and spirit from spending cuddle time with this little three-year-old who fills our home with so much love I sometimes feel like I'm about to burst.

That not enough of a summary for you? Okay, okay. I'll stop gushing.

Well, I know the pressing issue on everyone's mind is whether or not I had to go sit on a jury. After arranging babysitting, canceling my standing Thursday commitments, and ceaselessly whining for two straight weeks, I called up the courthouse the night before and listened for my group number. As the recording announced "And the following group numbers do not need to come tomorrow morning..." I waited with bated breath. It was if I was seven years old again, waiting to hear the radio announcer list my school among those declaring a snow day. They called my number. I cheered! Ripped up my summons. Did a little dance. And declared the moment exciting enough to warrant a bowl of ice cream (which gave me a hangover the next morning...).

In other news...

There really is not much other news. But, in order to keep the blogging spirit alive here on Parenthetically Speaking, I will give further details of the humdrum details of our lives.

We've spruced up the dining room with some original artwork commissioned from our in-house talent:


The nights of discovering Jack in a state of this have grown more frequent:


For the past three weeks Jack has been informing anyone who will listen that he has changed his name to Tyrone. If you call him Jack, he will be quick to correct you. He has informed everyone from Allan's boss, to his nursery leaders, to random cashiers at Costco. Some days he's "Sir Tyrone" other days he's "Tyrone the Butler" and on this particular day, while making an Easter card for Grandpa in Nursery, he declared himself...

The other weekend we drove to a nearby park up in the Sequoias, sat on rocks, and ate lunch (we did other things too, but this was the highlight according to Jack).

Allan is busy with work. I'm busy with singing, primary, and now I've joined the symphony. Right now I'm beyond overwhelmed with the difficulty of the music (it's been a while) and the soreness I experience after three-hour rehearsals (again, it's been a while). But it is a lot of fun and I get a paycheck.

Right now, Grandma and Grandpa are here on a last-minute and very welcome visit. Nana comes at the end of the week. My birthday is in a few weeks (just a gentle reminder!), and it's already in the nineties.

8 comments:

Christina said...

BAH! I think Ben and I both about died when we read about "Tyrone." That's going to be a fun story to remind him of in the years to come.

Sarah said...

That is so cute! Quinn is often Princess fill-in-the-blank, depending on what she's dressed like. But she's never so fully developed another persona. I hope you put to work when he's in butler mode!

Anonymous said...

Tyrone? That's awesome. Where'd he pick that one up? I'm glad he decided to be a butler though.

buffyvandabailey said...

Molly--Your backyard friends...the Backyardigans.

The Lamb's said...

I feel so privileged and unqualified to be quoted by you - jeepers. Oh and I loved the Tyrone story too. Arden always tells me I'm Tasha and she's Uniqua. I always wanted my daughter to have an ethnically diverse alter-ego. She will be thrilled to hear Tyrone is a friend of ours too. I miss you - come for a visit soon!

The Sampietro's said...

My sister and want come see you perform! when is the next show?

buffyvandabailey said...

The final show of the season was last night. The next concert is in September. Pops in the Park. My question is WHO WANTS TO WATCH A CONCERT OUTSIDE IN SEPTEMBER? It's still, like, 98 degrees!

claudia said...

So fun to be with you...thanks for letting us come. Can't wait for July!