June brought the end of school, Micah's birthday, attempting to run errands with all four kids in tow (ugh, just ugh....), daily water polo practice for Jack, and lots and lots of swim meets. In fact, swimming pretty much takes over our lives in June. Last year I was fully pregnant and Allan wasn't as busy, so he did all the meets. However, this year things were different. All the kids came to the away meets, and we usually stayed until 7:30 or 8 when Allan would come to take over as the proud parent. With a crawler and two active, easily bored little boys, this was no walk in the park. But it was fun. The hassle of it all is fading in my memory, and now I'm primarily remembering the Jimmy John sandwiches, walking around "looking for wildlife" (Micah's idea), and celebrating a lot of really good results for Jack. Of course, he never wanted to hang out with us.....
One thing of note: several people indicated that Jack would sleep a lot more given he was doing water polo during the day and swimming at night. Not so. Not so.
Here are some highlights (or at least moments where I had my phone):
| I begged Micah to "ask" for this cake. Martha Stewart chocolate cake with strawberry frosting. Oh my. Mmmmm. We really should have given half of it away.... |
| Swim meet. Watching fire ants devour a cheddar bunny. Who needs electronics? |
| Waiting for water polo to be done. $1 icees at Burger King=Cool Mom. |
| Shocking confession: Jack rarely washes his hair in the summer. Because swimming counts, right? |
| This is one of Micah's many subversive poses. |
| "I'm full. See my tummy?" Black Bear Diner will do that to you. |
1 comment:
Great pictures and great commentary. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Post a Comment