Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Just start writing.

How does one attempt to catch up after almost two years of silence? I've wanted to start blogging again for a long while now, but so many things have kept me back. First and foremost, the overwhelming thought that it has to be perfect. Same old story, I know. Who does it have to be perfect for, you ask?

Me. Because I hate anything less when it comes to reading my own writing. A negative side effect of my love of language, I suppose.

I've thoroughly enjoyed going through old posts, and I realize how much I will forever treasure the words I've written. I remember so much more of Jack's early years because I documented them. Life started getting really blurry during Micah's first year. I'm convinced that it would be far less blurry had I consistently written about our life at that time. My journal is more personal--not as many anecdotes about the kids, and certainly no pictures (save a few toddler scribblings when my back was turned). It reminds me of the thoughts going through my head these past years, but doesn't help conjure up memories of our day-to-day life.

So here we are. Now.


Actually, I lied. This was the kids two months ago. But Micah still undresses at inappropriate times, Nathan still things everything is hilarious, Jack still tries to be the perfect example, and Astrid is still adorable. So, I'd say it's still where we are now.

5 comments:

Irish Cream said...

Oh, hurray hurrah! You are writing again! Even your two sentence posts are an enjoyment for me. Reading your writing is like a drink of cold water after running a 5K in 80-degree weather!

Lindsey Graves said...

Yes! I've kept you in my blog roll in hopes that this day would come! I know how you feel. I've kept up blogging but a lot of it is just pictures and really amazing sentences like, "Here we are at the park. The kids are so fun these days." And I do it all with the intent that one day, I will kick back into it all and want to write something, you know, sophisticated and beautiful, and might even include a vocabulary bigger than my three year old.

Donna said...

Yay! You're back! :)

Christina said...

So glad you are back! It really bothers me that no one blogs anymore. I love Facebook and Instagram, but I miss actually reading words that are more than captions. This from the woman whose only words on her blog are captions. But I'm still glad you're back!

The Lamb's said...

Yea! Welcome back!