Wednesday, January 19, 2011

This boy is 5.


On January 19th, 2006 at 5:07 EST I was flooded with the most profound, intense emotions that I had ever experienced.


The first thing I asked Jack this morning was if he feels older now that he's five. He promptly responded with a slightly puzzled expression, "Yeah, I feel like I can do more karate moves and stuff."


Just remember to use it for good. Not for evil.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny, I love him! Give him a big hug from me!

claudia said...

Great answer! You've got to love that boy! So many things open up to you when you are 5!

Irish Cream said...

I wish I could see some of those Karate moves. We'll have to skype.

Does he still go by Tyrone? Have his interests broadened beyond Star Wars? Is he teaching his little brother new tricks?

Hope you all had fun celebrating his arrival in your family!

The Lamb's said...

Happy Birthday dear friend Jack! Can't believe we've been at this parenting thing five years already. And nearing 30. Mind-blowing. Hope it was a fantastic bday. We miss you guys! Oh and I made your pumpkin puree pasta . . . finally ... been meaning to forever. It was a...w...e...s...o...m...e ---- thank you so much. Yummy!

Amy & Greg said...

Where did you get that kid? He is such a crack up!

LMJ said...

happy belated birthday, Jack! why does 5 seem SO old as a parent? I seriously wish we lived closer so we could know him better (and witness his karate skillz).

Becky said...

I don't know if Allan told you , but I asked Jack if he felt older and his reply was, "Actually, I felt like I was 6 today." LOVE his brain!