Monday, April 5, 2010

Thank you, Mr. Easter Bunny...bawk, bawk!

On the menu:

Cream of asparagus soup (Tried a new recipe--didn't like it nearly as much as my old one)
Pork roast braised with potatoes, onions, and carrots (Julia C.-style)
Orange rolls (Dama's recipe, made slightly healthier--Thank you, Lindsey!)
Strawberries
Pineapple upside-down cake (nom, nom)

And, of course, way too many jelly beans, Cadbury eggs, taffy, and Sees Candy.

I was still so sick from Saturday night (I ate THREE pieces of candy after dinner. Haven't you heard? My baby HATES it when I eat sugar. Or heavy starches.) that I was hardly able to eat a thing.

The babies played:

(Meet the Irish twins: Adilay and Capri)

(Jack and Adilay. Clearly not paying attention to Elder Nelson's talk on searching out our ancestors--See? I was paying attention.)

(Jack hunting eggs)

Jordan captured a lovely shot of me and Lindsey that will forever remain on her passworded blog. Why? Because in classic Gibson tradition, she makes me look in desperate need of a tan. Plus, I'm pregnant and she's not. Yup, I don't keep it very real on this blog.

However, here's a picture of our family.

(Man, I look tired. And I probably shouldn't be lifting up Jack anymore. See how he's caressing Fireball?)

Thank you, Lindsey and Jordan, for making our Easter so much fun. We love our family.

6 comments:

Becky said...

I'm sitting here chuckling to myself because, I know you won't agree, but you don't even look pregnant! I think it just looks like Jack's got his arms around you in a hug! Those are great pictures of him! Wish we had that kind of weather. It's been crazy here today. I had to bring everything in off my porch so it didn't blow away and I currently have a garden growing on my windowsill.
Your Easter dinner looked YUMMY!

G.G. Vandagriff said...

I agree with Becky. Your family looks gorgeous. It's great that Jack gets along so well with his baby cousins. He'll probably smother fireball with love. The Easter dinner sounds wonderful. You would have been proud of me. Dad barbecued yummy lamb chops. I made asparagus, a strawberry and Korean pear salad, roll and Key Lime Pie. For brunch we had a casserole made of eggs, some specialty cheese I can't remember, ham, and creamed corn, and cinnamon rolls. Conference was great. We had a good easter. Am now planning my high tea for Juana. Got an assortment of pastries from Kneaders--24 for 29 dollars! Am making cream cheese and cucumber sandwiches. Got some darling plates at Zuchers. Very classy. Wish you were here. Love you TONS.

Irish Cream said...

I hope Fireball is more noticeable in other pictures because I can't see that baby in your belly- and I echo the sentiments of the above: You all look great!

As usual, your culinary descriptions leave my mouth watering. I'm still wishing you lived in Indy. (*sigh* But for more reasons than my taste buds.)

The Lamb's said...

I am insanely jealous, you don't even look pregnant hiding behind that sweater thingy. I would look pregnant hiding behind shamu right now. Enjoy yourself, you lucky lucky girl.

claudia said...

Love the caption on the picture of Allan playing with the kids..."the babies played"....

claudia said...

Easter dinner sounds and looks like it was wonderful!!!